Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nova

Nova

This song was performed last night at the Riptide. The lyrics are pretty much done. It can be heard in it's original context soon on www.myspace.com/kameha
The first time it was done, the lyrics were different and unfinished. This is what was sung last night. It was written near the end of a relationship with a girl as my father was dying this spring. It sounds pretty good live, we were complimented by friend on the delivery at the bar last night, and our friends are pretty straight up with us...it's how we learn and improve.

Thanks to the friends in attendance.


Say you'll be with me again...
when the morning comes,
knuckles white, my face is red,
now I...have become
a snake so weak, shedding my skin
I'm an open wound.

(refrain when sung*)
Floatin' through on Haight,
feelin' all kinda strange,
I've been crippled by the maze,
now I'm lost in the folds of a cave...
while my kindness digs my grave...
but yeah I'm down to stay...
become one with the sun.

Desire tears my vision numb,
yet the walk still remains.
A few more blocks, I hit the beach,
will my moon be awake?
Hunger persists, yet the salt restores,
now I'm back in the maze.

No comments: